The mandate of the department is to provide goods and services to meet the needs of Karumo Technical Training Institute . Our Procurement process is regulated by the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005, and the Public Procurement Regulations 2006.The pillars of strength for the department are integrity, Transparency, Fairness, Accountability, National Interest and Economic Development. The department is committed to achieve the following objectives:
- To ensure the lowest possible cost and timely delivery without compromising the quality through selection of capable and efficient suppliers
- Create a transparent Procurement process to ensure full accountability through proper management and monitoring of the process.
- Prepare the Institute consolidated plan at the end of each financial year to ensure the Procurement is effectively carried out as per the plan.
Professionalism in carrying out duties; Integrity in dealing with customers and the general public; Transparency and accountability in all activities; Fair play in dealing with users and suppliers; Promotion of public confidence in the procurement process; and, Promotion of fair competition in procurement process.
The procurement Department is committed to vigorously improve its services to users so that they, in turn become more efficient and effective in their delivery of services.
The purpose of procurement is to ensure that right quality; available at the right time; at the right place; in the right quantity; at the right price; right specifications subject to the availability of funds.
The Core Functions of the Department entail:-
- Supplier appraisal on measuring performance of suppliers for goods, works and services; Maintenance of procurement records; Disclosure of information on procurement opportunities and contract award;
- Management of the inventory of the institute;
- Providing advisory services on procurement to the Institute
- Verification and disposal of obsolete and surplus materials.
- Formulation, interpretation and implementation of the procurement policies and procedures; Operationalization and implementation of all procurement laws and regulations;
- Preparation of annual and periodic procurement plans and reports;
- Development of specifications in liaison with user departments;
- Prequalification of supplier and sourcing of suppliers;
- Evaluation of tender documents and presentation to tender committee for adjudication;